Sri Chinmoy 6-Hour Race
**cancelled** - Beautiful and fun spring race for ultra beginners and experienced runners in lovely park near town centre
About the event
Dear Runners, friends and supporters of the Sri Chinmoy 6-hour race in Nuremberg,
thank you so very much for your participation in recent editions of this race and your wonderful support over the last years. Thank you as well to all those who already registered for this year’s edition.
Now our important message: Unfortunately, we have to cancel the 2018 edition of the race due to a cumulation of personal and thereof resulting organisational challenges. We are very sorry to give you this news but you can be ensured it was not an easy decision for us.
What does that mean for the 2019 edition? Like every year, next year’s race will take place in March and we are already looking forward seeing you there.
Of course, every other race of the Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team is not affected and will take place as scheduled. Please see your events page for each event details.
We wish you all an enthusiastic and successful 2018 running season and are looking forward to meet you again.
Your Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Are you ready?
Ready for the 22. Sri Chinmoy 6-hour race in Nuremberg? This event is a fixture in the German running calendar which you should not miss.
In the beautiful park "Wöhrder Wiese" you test you fitness after a long winter or you can set the first peak in your personal race calendar.
This event is also an ideal race for ultra beginners. Friendly, family like support on the 1,5 k loop is garanteed and inspires. A good base to transcend yourself.
At this reace hundreds have made their first steps into the ultra world. Today many are top world runners or used to be. In 2016 during the 6h German championship new German and world records were established on this course.
Late entries are possible. Please call Pragya as soon as you know you are coming.
- beautiful, flat, paved lap course
- DLV certified 1522 m
- Wöhrder Wiese, Nuremberg
- detailed course map via Laufkalender24.de
- 8am race number pick up
- 9:45am contact your lap counter
- 10am race start
- 4pm race finish
- 4:45pm post race dinner
- 6pm award ceremony
- EUR 50,- registered and payed by Feb. 16, 2018
- EUR 55,- registered and payed by March 2, 2018
- EUR 60,- registered and payed by March 09, 2018
- Late entry: +5 EUR starting from March 10, 2018 until race day 9:30 am
- If possible late entry need to contact Pragya Gerig before showing up at the race venue. Contact phone: +49 (0)911 28 88 65
- Race fee accepted by money transfer to:
account name: Bachmann
bank name: Stadtsparkasse Fürth
BLZ.: 762 500 00 Kto.: 402 633 29,
- if you apply in written form kindly attach a copy of you many transfer.
- No shows will not be refunded. If you cancel your application by March 5, 2018 we reimburse you minus our expenses of EUR 7,00.
|men and women (MHK,WHK)||(18-49yrs)||place 1-7|
|master men and women (MS1,WS1)||(50-59yrs)||place 1-3|
|senior men and women (MS2,WS2)||(60-69yrs)||place 1-2|
|Grand Master men and women (MS3,WS3)||(70+yrs)||place 1|
- Medals for every runner. Trophies and/or other prizes for the podium. Certificates and race results can be picked up at the race or downloaded from the website.
- big, digital clock
- every runner gets is assigned to a counter. Please contact him/her 15 min post race start
- chip timing
- 50k interim results
Catering / medical / toilettes:
- water, various drinks, tea and light snacks catered for runners
- post race dinner
- you can place your own provisions
- medical support
- toilettes right at the course
- Showers are availabe at "Insel Schütt School, Hintere Insel Schütt 5". Approx. 500m from the race course
- Post race dinner and award ceremony at the same place.
The race is close to town centre with lots of hotels in the vacinity. Please inform yourself and book a room timely via the known hotel booking websites or the website of the city of Nuremberg (http://tourismus.nuernberg.de/no_cache/en/home.html).
The Sri Chinmoy 6-Hour Hero Cup combines all 6-hour races staged by the Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team in Europe. The Hero Cup 2017 starst in Kiew, Ukraine on Sept. 17 2016 and includes 9 races. The Nuremberg race is in the middle and the race series ends in Munich, Germany on Sept. 9 2017 with the Sri Chinmoy Self-Transcendence 6-hour European Championship (SCEC).
Ranking points: For each race points will be given to the top 40 male and female runners. Points breakdown: 100-88-78-72-68-66-64-62-60-58-56-54-52-50 down to 1 point.
Entry points: Every starter, independent of his or her ranking, will receive 10 points per appearance at any of the races.
The three (3) best results and all the entry points are scored for the cup.
CUP Finale: Ranking points in the final races (Munich) are increased by 20% then rounded. In the result of a tie for a podium position, head-to-head results are considered with the series final as the most important result.
More details on the Hero-Cup Webpage: www.srichinmoyraces.org/hero-cup
Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team Nbg. e.V.
Tel.+49 (0)911 28 88 65 (The Golden Shore Verlag )
Fax: +49 (0)911 288412
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the running community for over 35 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...